Wedding jitters are part and parcel of any wedding preparation. Amidst all the fun, joy and numerous family gatherings, orchestrating an entire event - and a wedding in particular - can be very stressful. You want to make sure that everything goes smoothly on your big day - from the seating chart to the guest list to the music selection. Naturally, there is a lot of organizing involved. After all, on the most important day of your life, absolutely nothing should be left to chance - especially not your make-up look.
That is precisely why Max Factor Regional Make-Up Artist Samira Olfat - founder and director of the Max Factor Make-Up Academy - is sharing her top tips and tricks for creating the ultimate ‘Wedding Day' beauty look.
Here they are:
- To make your eyes appear bigger and really pop while you say ‘I do', start by applying Max Factor's Masterpiece Mascara in Black or Brown. This mascara makes lashes appear fuller, thicker and longer all the while keeping them perfectly-separated. Make sure your chin is up and you look straight into the mirror before you apply mascara.
- Next, use Max Factor's Flawless Blush in Natural; a sweep of it on the apples of the cheek can really open up the face! The rule of thumb when it comes to blush is to go for the right shade, because if you don't it could age you or conceal your naturally, beautiful features. In general, I use a light pink colour for fair skin tones and peachy tones for darker skin.
- For beautiful skin, use an all-in-one foundation - such as Max Factor's All-Day Flawless 3-in-1 Foundation - with a formula that combines a primer, concealer and foundation. For perfect contouring, apply a darker tone under the cheekbones as well as around the nose, underneath the jaw line, and over the neck. This is key to defining the jawline and slimming the nose.
- For a perfect, wide-eyed wedding look, simply wipe away any excess concealer under your eyes then blot the area with a tissue for a matte finish. You can also use sheer powder on top of the concealer.
- For bigger, plump lips on your wedding day, go for Max Factor's Elixir Lipstick in Pomegranate. When applying lipstick, start by lining your lips with a colour that matches your lipstick and then fill in your lips using that same liner. Only after this has been completed, apply the lipstick. You will be amazed by the long-lasting effect!
If you want your eyes to be camera-ready on your big day, don't skip out on the brow contouring. Use Max Factor's Eyebrow Pencil in Hazel or Ebony to create the illusion of ultra-thick, well-contoured eyebrows.