Find the perfect jeans
The most wonderful thing about jeans is their versatility. But there is a lot to consider before taking the plunge. Picking the right shape is particularly important for online clothes shopping. Here are some savvy pointers to consider:
- If you have a wide bottom… avoid bright shades, choose a plain color.
- If you have wide hips... avoid skinny fits and choose a straight leg instead. Pockets should sit over your bottom. Choose a high or normal waist. Baggy designs will shorten your legs and make you look wider.
- If you have a flat bottom... slanted pockets and A-line fits suit you best. Skinnies are your best friend and low-cuts will make your behind look plumper and give the impression of ample hips. Stay away from baggy cuts which will make your bottom disappear. If you have thin thighs, bright jeans will make the most of what you’ve got.
- If you have a fuller bottom... choose dark jeans and straight legs with a high waist. Skinnies will make your bottom look even bigger. If you want to flatter your appearance, go for long pockets.
- If you have a pear-shaped bottom... go for a fit that lifts your buttocks, with high pockets and a normal or slightly higher waist (look for South American brands of jeans). If you have thin legs you can get away with skinny jeans. If you have wide thighs or short legs you should opt for a straight leg. Avoid baggy styles.
- If you have a round or muscular bottom... you’re lucky, most jeans will fit your body, even baggy cuts!
- Waist fits... High waisted trousers can also give your bottom a boost and lengthen how your legs look. V-shape waistbands lift your buttocks and A-line ones broaden them. A low waist will make your bottom look wider and shorten the legs.
- Colors... Bleached and bright jean washes will make you look bigger. A dark wash helps bottom, thighs and hips appear smaller.