Here are seven great ways to use your food processor.
- Homemade Salsas, Hummus and Pesto: Use fresh ingredients to make your own salsas, dips, hummus and pesto in seconds.
- Chopped or Ground Nuts: Chop nuts into large or small pieces or keep the motor running to make your own nut butters!
- Shredding: Most processors come with a slicing and shredding blade. This tears through hard cheeses and is excellent for shredded vegetables like potatoes for hash browns, cabbage for coleslaw, and zucchini and carrots for baked goods and salads.
- Making Dough and Crust: Mixing up dough for pie crust, pizza and even homemade bread can be quickly and easy mixed in your food processor. Pasta fanatics can make their own noodles at home with this as well.
- Ground Meat: Chop raw meat into medium (2-inch) sized chunks and place in the freezer until firm — the edges will be stiff. Pulse the partially frozen meat in the processor bowl until you reach the consistency you want. Be careful not to process for too long, however, or you’ll end up with meat paste.
- Shredded Meat: For recipes that call for shredded meat, run cooked meat through the food processor for just a few seconds.
- Homemade Butter: Process heavy cream in this appliance and, within minutes, you’ll have homemade butter.
Do you have any recipes for your food processor? Share them in the comments section below!