Here come some tips for the best snacks that will give you long-term energy!
Many women avoid all sorts of nuts, because they contain lots of fat. But there are good fats and bad fats:
- Walnuts contain large amounts of the polyunsaturated fatty acid omega-3
- Almonds contain healthy monounsaturated fat
- Brazil nuts are a great source of selenium
- Cashew nuts, pistachio nuts and hazel nuts are rich in iron.
Dried fruit and seeds
Many granola bars contain lots of added sugar. Instead, make your own medley with:
- sunflower seeds (which are rich in omega-6)
- dried apricots (without sulfite)
- raisins or various nut and berry mixes (contain iron and calcium)
Ripe bananas have a large portion of sugar, converted from starch, which makes them easier to digest. Eat a banana together with a handful of nuts for more lasting energy.
Oats have a cholesterol-lowering effect and are high in fiber, vitamins B, vitamin E, iron and zinc. Try it with almond butter, which contains much monounsaturated fat and vitamin E.
How to limit snacking:
1. Skip the sweets.
2. Have something to occupy your hands with.3. Keep yourself busy and focused.