To master the texture for which this bread is famous, you would need an electric blender.
Ingredients (serves 4 people)
1. 500g (890 ml) cake flour
2. 500 ml water
3. 1x10 g packet instant yeast
4. 10 ml salt
5. 200 g olives, pips removed and roughly chopped
6. Extra cake flour for sifting over
1. Heat oven to 220ºC.
2. Place all the ingredients, except for the olives, in the bowl of an electric blender. Use the mixing spade and mix the dough at highest speed until everything comes together in one ball in the center of the bowl, about 10-12 minutes. Add olives and mix for another minute.
3. Cover bowl with cling film and leave to rise in a warm place until double the volume, about 30 minutes.
4. Sift a thick layer of flour onto a baking tray greased with non-stick food spray. Turn the dough out on the baking tray, carefully. Use the tips of your fingers and shape the dough into an oblong loaf.
5. Place in the oven immediately and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and cooked.
TIP: The dough is quite runny and doesn’t have the firm consistency of normal bread dough which you knead by hand.