It may be a cheap meal but it doesn't mean it has to lack taste, especially when you use fresh herbs like basil. We love this recipe for Pizza Primavera. It doesn't take long to make but it tastes so good that it will probably take longer to do the washing up than it will to finish eating it.
1. For the dough
1 tsp sugar
2. For the topping
3 tbsp olive oil
400ml passata (tomato puree)
150g cooked turkey
1 pot of fresh basil
150g fresh tomatoes
3 tsp dried oregano
Salt and pepper
1. Prepare your pizza dough by placing the flour in a mixing bowl and adding the water and yeast. Mix slowly, adding the olive oil, sugar and salt until the dough is lump-free.
2. Put the dough on a lightly floured surface and knead until you have a smooth, firm ball. Put the dough back into the mixing bowl, cover with a tea towel and leave to rise for one hour.
3. Uncover the bowl, take out the dough out and roll it. Pierce the dough with a fork (optional) and then place it onto a baking tray. Cover the base with some passata and then place in a pre-heated oven (220ºC) for seven minutes to par-cook.
4. Cover the pizza with the rest of the passata, ham, mozzarella, fresh tomato and dried oregano. Put in the oven for another 15-20 minutes.
5. Garnish the pizza when cooked with the rocket and basil leaves - and enjoy