Add some flavour and dip into something delicious with this selection of marinades and dips for all occasions.
All recipes make about 500ml and take 20 to 30 minutes to prepare.
This is a spicy peanut dip which is best served with grilled chicken and beef.
- 5ml ground cumin
- 60ml peanut oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 15ml fresh ginger
- 1 chili, deseeded and finely chopped
- 180g roasted peanuts
- 40ml soy sauce
- 15ml brown sugar
- 225ml hot water
- 5ml fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Heat cumin in a pan, then add the peanut oil, onion and garlic. Fry for 5 minutes before adding the ginger and chili, cook for 5 minutes.
- Cool and pour into a liquidiser or processor. Add the remaining ingredients, blitz until smooth.
- Store covered and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
This mayonnaise dip is fabulous served with seafood and chips.
- 1 egg yolk
- 5ml mustard
- 10ml vinegar
- 160ml grapeseed oil
- 15ml lemon infused oil
- 25ml olive oil
- 10ml lemon juice
- 2,5ml parsley, finely chopped
- 10ml capers, roughly chopped
- 5ml Dijon mustard
- 5ml chervil, finely chopped (optional)
- 15ml gherkins, finely chopped
- 2 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- Whisk egg yolk, mustard and vinegar together.
- Slowly, add the oils a teaspoonful at a time. Once it thickens slightly, a steady stream of oil can be added. Once all the oil is used and it is thickened add the remaining ingredients. Mix thoroughly to combine.
Blue cheese dip
Serve with fresh crisp vegetables or as a spread.
- 230g cream cheese
- 60ml mayonnaise
- 100g blue cheese
- 20ml chives
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 50ml water
Blend all the ingredients together until smooth.
Apricot and sherry marinade
A delicious sweet marinade good with chicken.
- 15ml lemon juice
- 15ml soy sauce
- 125ml apricot jam
- 100ml sweet sherry
Combine all the ingredients together and marinate meat overnight.