If you really want to lose some weight, the most important thing to do is to get off fad diets. Here are a few tried & tested weight loss tips which are guaranteed to help you!
Gaining weight is a lot easier than taking it off. If you’ve gained weight over the holidays and are looking for ways to lose it, so be it. It requires a lot of persistence – do you have it?
1) Leave the scale alone: We’re talking about 2 scales here – the weighing scale and the food scale. Check your weight if you like so you have a reference point to start with. The food scale is a tool used by some weight loss methods to measure portions. When you are eating out, order appetizers and skip the entrée altogether. Or order an entrée and share it. Cut back on carbs – skip the bread basket and eat salad.
2) Eat more fruit: Take fruit along and keep it handy. If you have a craving for something sweet, eat some fruit instead. Get natural sugars and fibre instead of a calorie bomb. What an easy to follow weight loss tip!
3) Protein shakes: There are so many to choose from. Just make, shake and drink especially when one is ravenous and in need of a low calorie meal. These come in exciting flavors too.
4) Box yourself in: If you eat in the office cafeteria, choose the smallest possible container and fill that up. Imagine yourself not going for seconds. Eat slowly and wait a while to see if you want more.
5) Brushing: One invaluable weight loss tip is to brush your teeth after eating. You’re less likely to be tempted to eat after that. This is a good way to cut out your midnight snack.
6) Taking pictures: Get a friend to help you by taking a “before” picture – i.e., you at your current weight. This is a great tool to keep you motivated even if you fall off the exercise and diet plan. Ideally, take pictures at every stage as a reminder.
7) Liquid calories: How many of you like to have a drink to unwind? Depending on your choice of poison, these drinks can blow your weight loss plans. Cut back on sugary drinks like packaged fruit juices and lemonade. Always choose the natural homemade ones.
8) Skinny Pants: Get out your skinny pants and jeans and try getting into them. These provide the motivation to lay off tempting food items like that chocolate brownie.
9) Pitchers: It’s not what you are thinking. Why not use lemons, cucumbers, fruits and herbs to flavor your water? You get your daily quota of water and stay hydrated.
10) Leftovers: After cooking a meal, serve yourself and immediately put the leftovers in the fridge. This will prevent you from overeating.