To focus on your legs do two sets of 12 reps for every one of these moves. You can also choose to do 2 sets of 12 reps of only one move and combine it with other exercises. (See flatten your tummy, tone your arms and tighten your butt).
1 - For shapely calves and slim ankles
- Stand on the edge of a step with both heels hanging slightly off the edge.
- Lift one leg off the step so that you’re balancing on one foot, and using your calf muscle, lift yourself up, then back down again.
- Do one set on this site, then repeat on the other foot.
2 - Strong quads = toned thighs
- Stand against a wall with your feet hip-distance apart.
- Keeping your back against the wall, slide down until your thighs are parallel to the ground and your knees are in line with your toes.
- Without dropping your butt, hold this position for 1 minute. For the second set hold it for 90 seconds.
3 - The total leg workout
- Stand in a starting position on the floor, as if you’re about to do a sprint.
- Slowly tighten your abs and switch your leg positions, so that the stretched out leg tucks into your chest and the bent leg stretches out.
- Once you’ve got the rhythm, speed up and do this for 30 seconds. For the second set, do this for 45 seconds.
4 - The inner-thigh thriller
- Place a pap soccer ball between your knees and slowly move down into a squat position, taking care not to topple forward.
- Keeping your back straight and your bellybutton tucked into your spine, squeeze the ball between your knees.
- Lift back up to the original position, then repeat.
5 - For long, lean legs
- Standing with your feet hip-width apart, take a big step back on your right foot so that you’re in a lunge position.
- Holding that position, lift your hands above your head (making sure that your shoulders are relaxed.
- Lean forward at a slight angle and take your right foot slowly off the ground so that you form a straight line from your fingers to your toes.
- Point your toes, contract your muscles and hold for as long as you can.